\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=98405#98405

on this forum

we have guidelines , if the word rules offends you free wheeling bastards

signatures are meant for your bike info

model , year, engine size

we dont do pods here, if you read the welcome links you would know that? are you blind? or just fucking thick?

if you have a tech question..start one thread not 2

when you start two, you look like a spoiled little bitch , grow up, life sucks

I am getting tired of this stupid I didnt know bullshit

if this message offends you. find another home

thank you
for your time

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
taurus66
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow talk about having a really bad day....

Honda ST1100 Pan European 1994 
taurus66
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

May i make a suggestion then , on the front page of this site maybe be wise to add some stuff like...

If you have a bike with pods... Don't come here
If you are thick... Don't come here
If you are into choppers, bobs or Cafe racers ... Definitely don't come here..
And if you have a radical idea out of the box don't even bother becoming a member because we can't handle new ideas..

And if you are just plain stupid, going to ask some dumb questions or just irritate us .. Just f--k off...

But if you can conform to all our rules, regulations, have something that pleases us, or are a Qualified Honda CB750 DOHC mechanic with all the knowledge in the world.. And can get our parts at super cheap prices Then come in...

I have to say it is getting a bit tiresome of seeing the amount of times poor newbies get jumped on here and to be honest its not somewhere i visit that often anymore..

Just saying what and how i see it and look forward to being told off..

genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

There is a great big link right on the home page for newcomers. About 80% of the newcomers pass it up, then plead ignorance of all the information that it contains.

Quote:

I won't hit ya, I won't hit ya, I won't hit ya... Like hell I won't.

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Screw it, I'm going to remove the "Enter the forum" link from the home page and put it at the end of the welcome message. Wink

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Done.

There is no longer an "Enter the Forum" button on the Home Page. The only link goes to the Welcome Thread first. Wink

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am tired of hand feeding people

grow the fuck up

thanks..come again

04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

taurus66 wrote:
May i make a suggestion then , on the front page of this site maybe be wise to add some stuff like...

If you have a bike with pods... Don't come here
If you are thick... Don't come here
If you are into choppers, bobs or Cafe racers ... Definitely don't come here..
And if you have a radical idea out of the box don't even bother becoming a member because we can't handle new ideas..

And if you are just plain stupid, going to ask some dumb questions or just irritate us .. Just f--k off...

But if you can conform to all our rules, regulations, have something that pleases us, or are a Qualified Honda CB750 DOHC mechanic with all the knowledge in the world.. And can get our parts at super cheap prices Then come in...

I have to say it is getting a bit tiresome of seeing the amount of times poor newbies get jumped on here and to be honest its not somewhere i visit that often anymore..

You know what dude? You piss and moan entirely too much. I won't tell you off, but I won't suffer much more of your baiting either.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

we stand together on this stuff

the forum is meant to assist people, not carry anybody on my shoulders

all members thrive on a forum that is run by guidelines, and it's time new guys do a 5 minute read before they jump into my arms to save them

thank you

04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding

Last edited by holysmokes on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

He did a hit and run. Laughing

Half of what he said was totally unfounded too.

And what of the poor poor newbies? Many of them end up saving hundreds of dollars if not more with the advice they get here. Well, except maybe from him. They can listen up and read a little bit about what we'd like from them before we get started. And we don't abuse anybody so much. If they don't want to do it, nobody is being forced to come here or stay here. Most people are grateful, come to think of it, and it's really just this guy that seems to do so much complaining and belly aching. Rolling Eyes

Now that everybody has to at least see the welcome thread the first time they come here, maybe I can get rid of this F'in big damn thing in my sig. It's not like I want it there. Rolling Eyes

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C.

Last edited by genesound on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total 
Next
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

holysmokes wrote:
the forum is meant to assist people, not carry anybody on my shoulders

Aww, but I can see further when I'm on smokes shoulders Mr. Green

Sorry, couldn't resist posting in what I'm sure will be epic thread if allowed to stay open long enough Wink Twisted Evil

Good idea making em go through the welcome thread 1st Cool

[url=http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=98405#98405]Please Click on This Link & Read The Thread for New Members About Site Rules.
Putting The Year & Make of Your Bike in Yo 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Next. Wink

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
taurus66
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a good idea to remove the "enter" from the homepage, then it does make people have to go to the rules and regs in the welcome section.
I totally agree that everyone should be encouraged to read the rules and regs and so can then make an informed choice as to if its worth it to join in the first place.

I am not baiting i just saying what i see at times.. It seems free speach is a bit of a no no here.
A lot of what i said it not unfounded.. how often do we see someone come on here and ask about why their bike might be running shite with these pods, then everyone that knows jumps on the poor newbie..
They come here for your help, they buy a bike quite often the first one they get and they are keen to learn but don't know the ins and outs.

Lets be honest here , most that are on here are only into basically one type of bike.. and that is Fairly enough as the Site says " DOHC Customs"
How ever anyone seeing that does not necessarily know that it mainly dictates the stock standard bike ..

I do agree many of the newbies can and probably do indeed save money coming here but by the same token i see many members that never actually contribute to any forums for maybe the fear of being seen as Thick, stupid or just plain inexperienced.

As for the hit and run, no i am busy doing some hydraulic hoses for customers. What makes me money comes before any forum comments.

I don't blame you for getting all pissed off with people not reading the rules and regs smokes..But it was not the sort of thing i would have expected to see written by you..I just thought it was tad bit harsh ..

But i have big shoulders so go ahead and jump all you want..

Lets face it , i am not everyones cup of tea and neither maybe are you either.. Its called tolerance .. something that seems to be a very lost art in this day and age and when there are many different people on a forum , all too often there are going to be issues and debates and misunderstanding and so on and so forth..

holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
.I just thought it was tad bit harsh ..

harsh?

if you went through what i just went through this week and I am still going through it

this was just a tip toe through the tulips

it puts perspective on what life really is

and when you have 3500 members all going helter skelter in their own made up rules on a forum.. something has to bring them back to reality Wink

read the welcome stickies..in real life , I am far from a harsh person, but when times are tough tough measures follow

but i speak my mind

04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
how often do we see someone come on here and ask about why their bike might be running shite with these pods, then everyone that knows jumps on the poor newbie..

Again, if they would read the welcome thread that has been conspicuously posted for a long time now, it plainly says right in there that we don't do pods on these CV carbs, but then you knew that because you've read that thread, right?

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C.

Last edited by genesound on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:46 am; edited 10 times in total 
taurus66
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

That is fair comment ..I am not disputing that you have had a bad week.. we all have them.. God only knows i do too.. You may not see it as harsh but my fiance just read your initial post and was somewhat shocked..

Anyway thats the way things go, i am sorry if what i said stirred a hornets nest..

holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
fiance just read your initial post and was somewhat shocked..

that's good..maybe she'll follow the guidelines and read the welcome stickies

04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I do agree many of the newbies can and probably do indeed save money coming here but by the same token i see many members that never actually contribute to any forums for maybe the fear of being seen as Thick, stupid or just plain inexperienced.

Good lord man, that's not uncommon in any forum. I'm not going to tiptoe around on eggshells because we might have sensitive n00bs FFS! What a joke! This is a biker forum, not a refuge for simpering wimps. I don't mean to be totally heartless, but come on. Laughing

The first forum I was ever on, I lurked for a couple of years before I posted, just using their search engine to find out all that I needed. It was a computer forum, on how to build and overclock computers. I did the same thing on Compuserve many years before that as well. It doesn't take an unusually harsh tenor in a forum for self conscious n00bs to keep quiet. That's no measure of anything at all save overcompensation.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
taurus66
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

haha Unfortuantely she is not into her bikes anymore.. But she would have said prettty much the same as i would have.. But then again she is not into forums either...lol

GTO6T6
Feel the Power
Feel the Power

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

taurus66 wrote:

What radical, out of the box, ideas that are worthwhile have been shot down? I'm missing something here.

This is free help, donated from the senior guys' spare time, not a subscription service. These guys even provide the factory service manual for free. Hell, I bought mine when I got my bike and didn't give it a thought, especially considering I have a half shelf's worth of Pontiac books for the goat. Who buys a 30 year old bike and hopes for an internet nanny to tell them basic stuff that's already in the manual? Well, a lot of the noobs it seems.

An internet forum is a great thing for details, lessons learned, and upgrades/mods that aren't in the manual. IMO, if you join one, read the stickies, do some searches, and then if you still have an issue, at least you can ask an intelligent question. If you don't put in the work & get a kick in the nuts for being lazy, well, you needed it to grow into a better person.

D-Day
Here's Gumby!
Here's Gumby!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't help thinking about an old guy I worked with in my early 20's. Nasty bastard, foul of mouth and odor, and a very talented machinist. He wouldn't give me the time of day until he saw I was willing to get dirty and keep my eyes open and my mouth mostly shut. I went by his rules in his world and greatly benefited from it.

2001 BMW K1200LT (RIP)
1991 Honda ST1100. 190K miles and smooth as silk. 
rtabish
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GTO6T6 wrote:
taurus66 wrote:

What radical, out of the box, ideas that are worthwhile have been shot down? I'm missing something here.

This is free help, donated from the senior guys' spare time, not a subscription service...... If you don't put in the work & get a kick in the nuts for being lazy, well, you needed it to grow into a better person.

there it is. this is a free forum about bikes that have been around for 30 years.

there are very few "radical" ideas that haven't already been tried. some have failed epically, but if you have actually tried something and it worked...that would be something to note. if you are just pulling ideas out of the air [or someplace else] and want advice, don't be surprised if the advice offered isn't what you want to hear.

most of the forums i go to have the same attitude...this is nothing new. don't believe me? try it. these old bikes require work. if you don't like work, get a new bike or get a high-paying job so you can pay somebody else to work on them for you. as for this forum's general attitude. i might suggest rereading the first line of this paragraph. most forums i go to have the same attitude. if you want to walk into a redneck bar with a pink ballerina outfit on, you are going to get a little grief....unless you are a hell of a ballerina.

Welcome

Rob Tabish
83 CB1000 Custom 
genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rob wrote:
most forums i go to have the same attitude. if you want to walk into a redneck bar with a pink ballerina outfit on, you are going to get a little grief....unless you are a hell of a ballerina.

HAHAHAHAHAHhhh! Laughing

I've missed you Rob, where you been?

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
OldTimer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Proly lurking! peeper

holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

he's my facebook buddy Razz

when I dont deactivate my acct because of the rules and guidelines that people create to cause me grief Laughing

04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic