\', 1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom, \' - \', Honda DOHC Customs, \'
  Login or Register
1979 to 1983 DOHC CB750/900/1000/1100 Honda Custom: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements
DotTheIs
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick message to introduce myself. I've bought a Japanese manufactured, US registered Honda CB750C with a view to making a rat/café look bike with it.

The previous owner bought it direct from the company that imported it into the UK and he didn't do any work on it but spent quite a lot of money accumulating bits for it, some of which I will use... some like the horrible plastic headlamp cowl I will not.

Work done so far...

Stripped and rebuilt carbs... but will need a new float as I bust one...

Cut off offending rear metalwork for passengers and ground smooth and removed all the side panel lugs and smoothed.

Partially cut rear frame arms and reshaped them so that they meet and welded them shut. Polished up nicely too. The two holes I will use to mount number plate/rear light.

The bike had fallen at some point so the stops on the frame and triple tree were bust on the right hand side. I've re welded the frame part and managed to drill through the cast steel triple tree stop at the back parallel to the break with a 10mm drill and filled this up with a nice load of weld as welding around the outside would have made it very difficult to finish nicely as it's not possible to get a grinder into it easily.

Bought new original second hand clocks and clock mounts as these had been butchered.

done a bit of a dry run reassembly mostly cos the bike is in France with me at the moment but since I want to bring it back to the UK I thought it would be easier in one piece more or less.

Bits I know I'm missing and going to need are a new chain guard, fuel tank, clutch lever and headlamp...

I want to weld a close fitting mudguard onto the swing arm but don't know what might be the best option for this... scavenged or fabricated....

There's probably loads more stuff but my memory ain't what I remember it was...

Last edited by DotTheIs on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 3 times in total 
DotTheIs
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Incidentally I have genuine Honda 750Ca CB750Cb parts catalogue in English, French and German... If I get enough interest and no-one's already done it somewhere I may scan it and upload it...

genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to here wave

So the CB750Ca and Cb are European market bikes?

We have the CB750 book for the North American market bikes here, as you may be aware.

Kindly read this linked thread with the rules before posting
pictures or asking lots of questions that are already answered in it.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
folsoml
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!

Former Bikes: 1981 CB900C, 2006 Suzuki DR200SE, 1994 BMW K1100LT, 1983 HD XLH Sportster, 1981.5 CB900C, 1973 Suzuki TS100. 1980 CB750C, 1980 GL1100 Goldwing, 1989 Suzuki Katana 750, 2 Suzuki JR50´s, 1981 Honda 
pd750

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the site DotTheIs ... Smile

Please put the year and model of your bike in the signature section on your profile / member account page and set \"Always attach signature \" to YES . Just below the Reply box , check the box in front of \"Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)\" .

1982 CB750C (Sold) Haven\'t found another , yet . 
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome

1981 CB900 Custom

[color=green 
holysmokes
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello

People are just as happy as they make up their
minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss31/johnveinot/DSCF1663.jpg
04 vl800
09 50 honda jazz

Paint gelding 
DotTheIs
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

genesound wrote:
Welcome to here wave

So the CB750Ca and Cb are European market bikes?

We have the CB750 book for the North American market bikes here, as you may be aware.

My bike was imported into the UK from the States and I bought this parts catalogue from ebay around the same time I got hold of her.

I've downloaded quite a few technical documents from here, thanks! But I didn't see anything like this for the 750 Custom model.... My eyes?

This is not the workshop manual but the full parts catalogue with all the official Honda parts numbers and exploded diagrams for these bikes from 1980-1983 (I think).

genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The 750c specific info is in the addenda, this is explained in the NMT:

Click here to see where The NMT wrote:
Some Facts and FAQs:

Honda Shop Manuals and Wiring Diagrams - Technical Documents section. CLICK HERE

As a prerequisite to posting, we require that you read and become familiar with the Honda Shop Manual for your bike and this thread. There is stuff in these that you won't find unless you get familiar with the layout of them. And we don't take lightly to typing out answers over and over to the simple questions that are readily available in the Honda Shop Manual that we have here, or in this thread's message.

We have the Honda Shop Manuals with their Wiring Diagrams in pdf form available as Announcement listings in our Technical Documents section.

When using the Honda Shop Manuals, you need to look in the addenda for all the stuff pertinent to your year and model. The Honda 750 book was written for the 1979 K, then there are add-ons for the various other 750s and years. Also you might need to look at all of them. If something was updated in the 1981 version, they didn't necessarily include it in the 1982 addendum, you have to get it from the 1981 section. They are incremental, not all inclusive.

Same goes for the 900 book, it was written for the 80 900C, the other years and models are add-ons in the addenda.

We also have the Honda Common Service Manual in the Technical Documents area. It has more general motorcycle maintenance and "how stuff works" type information. If you don't have a lot of background in motorcycle mechanics, you should read up on this one too.

The Owner's Manuals for several models are also in the Technical Documents section. There is not a lot of difference in them, so find one similar to your model and read it, until we might get all the models available.

Partzilla, Parts Pit Stop and numerous other OEM Honda parts dealers in the US have their parts fiche online with the OEM part numbers, availability (sometimes not accurate), and pricing, that can help you determine what parts are necessary, what parts are still available from Honda, and what bikes use the same part numbered parts in common. Please avail yourself of these resources yourself instead of asking someone else, who then has to go look up your parts on one of these places and read the information back to you.

http://www.partspitstop.com/oemparts/#/c/honda_motorcycle/parts

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/parts.html

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
DotTheIs
This Just In
This Just In

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This book I have is a not a shop manual it's more of a parts fiche I guess...

genesound
administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, parts diagrams with exploded diagrams and part numbers? That should help for EU bikes.

Every online dealer around here has easily accessible parts diagrams for the North American bikes.

www.cmsnl.com has parts diagrams for most of the various global honda distributions, like EU, or Aussie, etc.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
81 CB900C, 83 CB1000C. 
Whozaa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

DotTheIs wrote:
Incidentally I have genuine Honda 750Ca CB750Cb parts catalogue in English, French and German... If I get enough interest and no-one's already done it somewhere I may scan it and upload it...

I'd be interested in seeing a couple pages of it. Just to understand what it is.

Hey new guy! Please read the New Members Thread behind this link. http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7149
It contains the rules for forum posting and other valuable info you need to know. 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WWW.CB750C.COM Forum Index -> Welcome and Forum Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic